Our Sustainable projects aim to provide long-lasting and healthful rooms while conserving finite resources of materials and energy.
This is achieved by
- using durable, recyclable and renewable materials
- energy-efficient design
- using environmentally neutral energy sources (wind, sun, geothermal)
- using environment-friendly technologies (shading, simple evaporation cooling).
Everything that is built, shapes the way people live – today and in the future.
Our projects exhibit a sensible use and management of natural resources throughout its life cycle, including operation and maintenance.
Long-term environmental concerns, whether pertaining to flows of material or energy, are tightly integrated design criteria. This involves
- low environmental impacts over the whole project’s life cycle
- energy and material efficiency in construction, operation and maintenance
- high ratio of renewable energy to fossil energy in construction, operation and maintenance
- robust products and technologies.
A fundamental principle of our sustainable developments are to keep our planet in condition to indefinitely support future generations.
This is an enormous challenge, because our global eco-system is in a state of stress and overuse – finite sources of energy, materials are being depleted and much of our environment is being polluted or spoiled.